Huzzah! The figure is finished! I took today while I was editing and saving some videos to finish off what I had left. I think I psyched myself out with how difficult it was going to be to do the face and horns, but once I got started, all went smoothly. Quit a surprise, actually, as anyone who has ever done this understands. No paint spills, no sticky spots, no inks running, just easy painting. This picture is the best one I have of the face. I took some time to try and highlight the face with several different layers. The eyes were outlined in black, then had the whites put in using … uh… grey, and then I dotted the eye with black paint. I had to redo the left eye as it wasn’t looking the same way as the right!
The second photo above shows another view of the eyes and a better view of the facial features. You can also see the serpent’s features better.
The photos above were taken with different camera settings. I used a higher resolution and did not modify the pictures other than to crop them. If you have any comments on which set looks better, I’d like to hear them….