I have started work on my next set of miniatures, an RSM regiment of some 50 plus figures. I did, however, get some bases from Litko Aero this past week and mounted one of my Spencer Smith cavalrymen on a magnetized plywood base top see how it would look. I admit I stole the 20 by 50 mm size idea from Phil Olley . I have been concerned about the cavalry falling over as the bases are small so this seemed to be (and is, in my opinion) a good solution. I used parakeet gravel on the base, then painted it black and drybrushed it with grey and a couple of different browns. Then I used the GW static grass on it. I like the look and will probably do the infantry and cavalry in the same manner. The first picture is more of a head down view than the other two.